Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Oaken’s Twelve: Where Are We Now?



Time for a quick summary. You may well have imagined, dear reader, that with Bombur, the twelfth member of Thorin Oakenshield’s company now complete, the job was done. Au contraire. You can’t have a Company without a leader, and so this weekend I intend to finish him off. Yes, the Oakenshield and heir of Thrain II is nearly ready for unveiling. He’s no Bombur as conversions go, but I’m pretty happy with him. Group shot to follow, of course.

The question then remains on what I’ll do next. Dain? Bilbo and Gandalf? But then what about Gollum, Elrond, Thranduil, Bard…? Actually, I think I can see a line to stop at, and I’ll likely do it. More projects beckon, time to move on.

Then there’s Balin’s Tomb, my cutaway project which has moved on from the last snaps, but not hugely. I’ll add that to the list. And then I’ll be done with Tolkien for a while I reckon. Come the end of 2013 with a new Hobbit movie released – that’ll be when I tackle some more figures from that world.

In the mean-Time, some long-expected artwork beckons, and on the figure front another near dozen wandering heroes, each one a Lord…

No comments:

Post a Comment