Friday, October 25, 2013

Doodle a Day: 25/10/2013

This doodle is really not my best work...

..but Jet Junior is.

Jet Jr turned five years old today, finishing kindergarten and starting school - a new era, and a new adventure for a young man who's already had quite a life to date. Five years ago he wasn't supposed to be in the outside world for another twelve weeks, and since then he's been the most important thing in my life, next to his mum. It's a cliche, but parenthood changed me in my outlook, my work ethic, and my place in the world; it's truly been one of the most humbling, awe-inspiring, heart-breaking, life-affirming and terrifying experiences I've ever been through, and I never want it to end.

Happy birthday, young Simian. May you find as many pleasures in life as you did doing this four years ago:


No comments:

Post a Comment